Friday, December 6, 2013

Wok Wednesdays: Stir-Fried Ginger Beef




Truth be told. I'm now addicted to wokking. After making the Spicy Dry Fried Beef, and stuffing my pie hole with every morsel of beef, I made another dish this evening:  Stir-Fried Ginger Beef. Grace had me at ginger. I love ginger in all forms. Ginger tea. Ginger candy. Ginger ice cream. Soft tofu with ginger syrup.  And now, Ginger Beef.

Main ingredients are lean flank beef, ginger, pickled ginger, scallions, rice wine and oyster sauce. Simple, yet divine.

This recipe is relatively simple to make. And so delectable. Not a whole lot of prep work, so this is a perfect meal if you are in a rush.  I made no substitutions for this recipe. I now have cornstarch! I bought this jar of pickled ginger. Not sure if this is correct. I chose this over the pickled, dyed ginger that is usually served with sushi.











 In a bowl, I combine the soy sauce, ginger and cornstarch with the beef...


Mix well....



[A study of cut scallions]






 A quick sear...



Toss in picked ginger and scallions...


 This recipe was very quick to make. The combination of pickled ginger and fresh ginger  gave this dish a nice tang. It was very subtle. I stir-fried the beef under a minute and it came out so tender. Oh so tender. Perfect stir fry for a quick meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment