Friday, December 13, 2013

Wok Wednesdays: Stir-Fried Ginger Tomato Beef


So my daughter had the Cumin Scented Beef Stir-Fry leftover for snack when she got home from school. Again, everyone was agreeing to stir-fry for dinner.  My husband loves it - he says it's delicious and healthy. My kids love it - I'm still flummoxed at how they are open to my new technique of cooking meals lately. Remember my child who didn't want to eat anything that ended in -ese? As in Chinese.  The same boy that doesn't care for rice at home, but will gulp it down at a restaurant. Go figure. But I'm not going to question it. I am just thrilled to pieces.

Tonight's dinner is Stir-Fried Ginger Tomato Beef.  When I cook with tomatoes, it's usually making osso bucco, marinara, bolognese. Not Asian. This was a quick dish to make. Lean flank steak, tomato sauce, scallions and ginger.


Kids loved it! This recipe is  probably the most benign dish that I've made so far - not spicy, but quite flavorful due to the fresh ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment